I guess I’ll start with the things I’ve been procrastinating.
- Writing this post-I haven’t posted in forever it feels like, yes I have reasons for it which I will explain later, but the longer I waited to post the more daunting it became
- Doing homework- I don’t mean one particular piece of it, I mean all of it. When you have so little homework for all of your classes it is so hard to motivate yourself to do any assignment, no matter how small.
- Studying for my Logic Midterm- You would think that a logic professor would be an articulate person, who can make logical statements, well that is not what Rowan thinks we need in our professors. My logic professor is this tall, skinny, jumpy, older man who just talks in circles. It’s not the talking in circles where he repeats the same facts; he repeatedly tells us how important everything he’s teaching us is, and that we will use this knowledge, and that its easy, then he fails to say anything past that. I mean ANYTHING this professor just says all of those statements on loop and never teaches anything, except for the one day he made us watch hate speech against gays; which I’m pretty sure had a supervisor seen the videos he showed us on Youtube, he’d be fired.
- Figuring out my life- The manfriend is really pushing this one. Originally I had thought I was going to be able to graduate Spring 2013, now because of lack of funding, I can’t take the summer classes I needed to make that happen. I’m sure if I finagle it with an adviser and get either credit overrides or overrides on the consecutive nature of classes, I could make it happen, which the manfriend really wants, and what I really want. However, I am so used to doing everything myself, and not to mention Rowan has made no effort to reach out to me since I transferred here in the fall, I am reluctant to go to their advisers. I guess I don’t really need to figure out my life, I know what I want. I need to figure out how to expedite that process.
- Going to the Gym- I’ve been going the past few days, but I took a week off. Working up the motivation to really WORK OUT is escaping me, instead I’ve been doing some light cardio and lots of stretching. Hopefully next week I’ll get back to the more intense stuff.
Now on to Spring Break. I wish I had something exciting to say, like I went to Cancun, or cruised the Caribbean, but instead I got an endoscopy! Yayyy! I did get to spend first 3 days at the manfriends Pocono house. It was nice and relaxing, and I won $100 on penny slots. We came back Monday, and I got to spend the day Tuesday wandering around Philly enjoying the beautiful weather.
Wednesday was the endoscopy. I know I should have had one months ago, when I first got diagnosed, but school and fear kept me from scheduling one. I hate new doctors, it took me forever to go to the gastro. The endoscopy its self went fine, my stomach was a little inflamed but everything else seemed like it was doing well. The weirdest part was my heart had an extra beat when I was hooked up to all the machines. I have to get the cardiogram and do a 24 hour monitor thing, but my primary said everything should be fine.
St. Patty’s Day, which is always over Spring Break (something Rowan does right), was a great success. My one roommate’s birthday happens to fall on St. Patty’s Day, so we went out in celebration of her 22. The manfriend, the roommates, 2 of their friends, and I hopped the bus to McFadden’s for a $10 all you can drink open bar. I fought with the bartender because he refused to believe liquor was included, he went to the front and was proven wrong, so we got free shots of good liquor instead of the cheap well stuff we were getting before.
I wish I had exciting things to say about gluten-free cooking, but I don’t. I made an awesome soup, with left over quinoa and all the veggies I had in my fridge, for dinner tonight. Other than that it was quick easy meals for me. Vacation, followed by surgery didn’t leave much time for cooking. Now that I’m back at school I’ll be back to the usual cooking almost every night.
For smiles today I leave you with one thought, love it or hate it, Tim Tebow to the Jets is hilarious.